"La Historia de un Amor" by Almaran, English translation of lyrics
"The Story of a Love", alt. "A Lovestory"
Written by Carlos Eleta Almaran, sung by many.
Style: Romantic classic from Mexico
Country: Mexico
Listen: Ana Gabriel (Mexico), Eydie Gormé y Trio Los Panchos (USA & Mexico), Guadalupe Pineda (Mexico), Pedro Infante (Mexico), Luis Miguel (Mexico), Luz Casal (Spain)
Translation:
Ya no estás más a mi lado, corazón.
En el alma sólo tengo soledad,
Y si ya no puedo verte,
¿Por qué Dios me hizo quererte?
Para hacerme sufrir más.
You are no longer at my side, my love.
In my soul I have only loneliness,
And if I can no longer see you,
Why did God make me love you?
To make me suffer more.
Siempre fuiste la razón de mi existir.
Adorarte para mí fue religión,
Y en tus besos yo encontraba
El calor que me brindaba
El amor y la pasión.
You were always the reason for my being.
Adoring you, for me, was religion
And in your kisses I would find
The warmth that bore me
Love and passion.
Es la historia de un amor
Como no hay otro igual...
Continue translation and read translation notes at songlations.com
Written by Carlos Eleta Almaran, sung by many.
Style: Romantic classic from Mexico
Country: Mexico
Listen: Ana Gabriel (Mexico), Eydie Gormé y Trio Los Panchos (USA & Mexico), Guadalupe Pineda (Mexico), Pedro Infante (Mexico), Luis Miguel (Mexico), Luz Casal (Spain)
Translation:
Ya no estás más a mi lado, corazón.
En el alma sólo tengo soledad,
Y si ya no puedo verte,
¿Por qué Dios me hizo quererte?
Para hacerme sufrir más.
You are no longer at my side, my love.
In my soul I have only loneliness,
And if I can no longer see you,
Why did God make me love you?
To make me suffer more.
Siempre fuiste la razón de mi existir.
Adorarte para mí fue religión,
Y en tus besos yo encontraba
El calor que me brindaba
El amor y la pasión.
You were always the reason for my being.
Adoring you, for me, was religion
And in your kisses I would find
The warmth that bore me
Love and passion.
Es la historia de un amor
Como no hay otro igual...
Continue translation and read translation notes at songlations.com
